- Are you rushing to the airport and need to put a check in the mail?
- Did you write to a friend while on the plane?
- Do you have a long layover and write to a friend?
- Did you forget to drop those vacation postcards into the mail?
- How about those birthday or holiday cards?
Never fear – this site’s dedicated to you.
If you need to put something in the mail, but can’t find where to do it – here’s the place to look for those hidden drop boxes and post offices that are near or at the airport. We’re covering over 200 airports around the world!
Last updated on 23 November 2021.
The first thing about 2020 is that you do not talk about 2020….
All submissions received to this date have been posted. I may be tweaking pages as I do some more research or update photos, but those will be minor.
There are a lot since the last update about three years ago; most are smaller airports. But here are some important changes:
- Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) and Salt Lake City (SLC) have lost their mailboxes. DFW’s were inside security, while SLC has a new passenger terminal.
- Sea-Tac (SEA) and Honolulu (HNL) have significantly changed operations. Sea-Tac removed the volunteer postboxes inside security. Honolulu stripped a few drop boxes out and rejiggered their terminal conventions.
- I found a way to post mail at John Wayne (SNA) and Monterey (MRY) while on vacation. SNA is a big find!
- I fixed the link for Oslo (OSL).
- I removed Berlin-Tegel (TXL). For Berlin, you’ll need to look for BER – and I’ll need help finding postboxes of any sort there. Cue jokes about how long it took the Germans to build an airport….
- I’m in the process of changing links from non-secure HTTP to secure HTTPS. Things might be wonky for a bit as I update them.
- Ryder from Canada provided a lot of useful information on a few Canadian airports I didn’t have, so there are a few more airports in Canada. Thanks Ryder!
- Lots of airports missing in Central America and the Middle East. I’d like to get more information but it may be difficult to find without someone on the ground assisting. Send those submissions in!
- I have a couple of blog posts I’m working on, but will take suggestions via e-mail or by post!